Sunday, January, 15th - Ice Frolics rehearsals begin. Check bulletin board at rink or link at right for group assignments and times.
Sunday, February 5th- Ice Frolics Program Book Ads and/or Words of Encouragement
Wednesday, March 1st - Ice Frolics costume balance must be paid in full.
Tuesday, March 14th - Ice Frolics Dress Rehearsal & Group & Individual Pictures in Costumes. Download Frolics Picture Form
Fri, Sat, and Sun, March 17th-19th - Ice Frolics! Friday and Saturday shows @ 7 PM. Sunday show @ 2 PM.
ICE FROLICS SHOW RULES
To skate in the ice show one must be a member in good standing of the Falmouth Figure Skating Club.
Each skater will be placed in two group numbers according to age and test level. Skater/parent may choose to skate in one number only, or not at all, but soloists and features must skate in both group numbers.
All test requirements for solos, features and group numbers will be as of November 1st. No skater will be changed from his or her group numbers, no matter what test has been passed after this date.
REHEARSALS: Rehearsal schedule will be posted on the Figure Skating Club bulletin board. YOU are responsible for checking rehearsal time.
ATTENDANCE: Prompt attendance at all rehearsals is mandatory and rules regarding absences will be enforced. Tardiness of 10 minutes on a 30-minute rehearsal or 5 minutes on a 15-minute rehearsal will be considered an absence. Only 3 absences in each group number will be excused. An absence is just that, no matter what the reason, there are no excuses that are acceptable. If skater is not well enough to skate, but comes and watches rehearsal from the side of the hockey benches, they will be counted as being there. Please tell the Attendance Mother that you are there, but not skating, so she can check you off. The 4th absence will make a skater ineligible to participate in show. ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN AT ALL REHEARSALS. Excuses made to Instructors are not acceptable. There are excused rehearsals for February vacation only, only one of the Sunday rehearsals will be excused, if you miss both Sunday rehearsals during the vacation, it will count as one absence, and the Tuesday rehearsal is excused if you miss that. If you come to the February vacation rehearsals it will count as a makeup for an absence.
COSTUMES: The cost of the costumes is the responsibility of the skater/parent. No refund will be given after costumes have been ordered. The prices range between approximately $50 to $70 each. A deposit of $50.00 is required and the balance is due when costumes arrive. No costumes will be ordered if membership dues are outstanding. Before costumes are completely given out, ice and costume bills must be paid in full.
No flowers are to be thrown on the ice during the show. They may be given to the skater at the finale.
ICE FROLICS: THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Put your name on every piece of costume.
2. Bring your costume in either a garment bag or a large trash bag with your name on the outside of the bag to dress rehearsal and every show.
3. Make sure you have skate guards with your name on them.
4. All groups will be wearing Suntan skating BOOT tights with their costume.
5. All skaters with long hair must wear it up any way they want to for all shows. NO BOBBY PINS!
6. There will be a Cast Party immediately following the Sunday afternoon performance.
DRESS REHEARSAL AND SHOW RULES/INFORMATION:
1. Dress rehearsal will be on the last Tuesday Club Ice before the show dates and will start promptly at 6:20 PM.
2. All skaters will have assigned locker rooms.
3. All costumes are to be brought to Dress Rehearsal. A poster in each Locker Room will tell you which costume to wear and when.
4. Bring a blanket to sit on / cover-up with for Dress Rehearsal as well as each Show.
5. Individual and group pictures are taken on the Dress Rehearsal Night. Forms are available to order.
6. All bleachers and locker rooms must be left clean after we are done. Please throw your trash in the cans.
7. Costumes must be taken home after dress rehearsal and every night after the shows.
8. The Friday and Saturday performances begin at 7:00 pm.The Sunday performance begins at 2:00 pm. Skaters are to be at the Arena 45 minutes prior to Show Time.
9. Warm-up session for Soloists will start 1 hr. before show time
(i.e. 6:00 pm on Friday and Saturday night, and at 1:00 pm on Sunday)
10. The 30 minute Warm-up session for Features will start 1.5 hours before show time (i.e. 5:30 pm on Fri. and Sat. and at 12:30 PM on Sun.)
11. Costumes for the Show are to be covered up while walking around the Rink prior to the Show.
12. All skaters who have more than one number in one half are to bring their costumes to the Back Dressing Room (Zamboni Room) with their names printed clearly on the outside of the bag before they start their warm-up session. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT HANG YOUR COSTUME IN THE ZAMBONI ROOM IF YOU DO NOT NEED IT THAT HALF.
13. All skaters, including Soloists and Features, must be down at the back end of the Rink 15 minutes before show time READY TO GO.
Any skater showing up after the lights go down will not skate in that half.
14. Everyone must sit together with their group so we know everyone is there.
15. There will be NO FOOD while you are in costume and watching the Show.
16. Once the Show starts, you cannot go to the front of the Rink.There will be parents to watch that you do not leave the back of the rink.
17. Any skaters giving these parents trouble will NOT skate.
18. Remember, go to the bathroom before you get dressed!
19. All skaters will go to their Locker Rooms during Intermission to change for their number in the second half.
20. Please be quick and come straight back to sit with your group right after the Zamboni is done making ice for the 2nd half of the Show.
21. Flowers are NOT to be thrown on the ice.They may be handed to the Skater during the Finale.
22. There is to be No Screaming for any skater - just clap loudly!
Screaming becomes very annoying to the audience – and the skaters cannot hear the beginning of their music.
23. Make sure you check to see that you have every piece of every costume before you leave each night.
24. Thank you for your cooperation - it really does help to make the show run more smoothly.